Amazon.com Widgets Downloading XCode 4 on Windows
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 11:38:36 PM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ XCode 4 Help
| | |-+ Downloading XCode 4 on Windows
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Downloading XCode 4 on Windows (Read 150996 times)
imsachinraut

Email

on: July 08, 2011, 10:36:07 PM

Hello All,

Is it necessary to have a MAC for downloading XCode 4? Because when i tried to download it from my windows PC it gave me this message "To download Xcode from the Mac App Store, you need a Mac with Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later".

Is there any other way of downloading XCode 4?

thanks
Sachin
Edchamberlain

Email

Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 03:22:02 AM

Sorry, all versions of Xcode are for mac only. There is no way to get Xcode on Windows however you can use a different SDK like corona (http://www.anscamobile.com/corona/) instead although it will not use Objective-C (i believe it uses luna or something). iI have however heard that it is horrible to use.

If you want to develop apps seriously i suggest you get a mac.

At the moment i don't really feel i can help contribute to this forum because my knowledge is lacking but soon i hope to be able to help people here.
imsachinraut

Email

Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 10:50:49 AM

Thanks for the reply. I know i can't install XCode on any other computer except MAC, but what i want to know is that if there is any other way for downloading XCode from the App Store? I tried it from windows pc & it said that for downloading you have to have MAC.

Thanks
fujilla
Global Moderator

Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 11:06:06 AM

Why would you want to download it using a Windows pc?

Nick
http://myfirstiphoneapp.co.uk
imsachinraut

Email

Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 01:34:00 PM

because i have a MAC at home & my internet speed is not that high to download 4.2 Gb file. i get the download speed of 30 kbps. that why i was thinking to get it downloaded from someplace else where speed is high.

can u help me in this regard.

Sachin
fujilla
Global Moderator

Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 02:16:49 PM

Ah, ok, it sounded an odd question to begin with.

Unfortunately I do not know of any other way apart from using a mac.

Do you know someone with a better connection speed and a mac who could download it and burn to DVD - I am guessing you have already considered that option?

Nick
http://myfirstiphoneapp.co.uk
Ryvoxe

Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 10:50:02 PM

Alternatively you could copy it to a USB flash drive or external disk. If neither of those are an option you may have to wait overnight for it to download completely.

I'm a high school student ready to learn all about programming. Feel free to send me a PM!
imsachinraut

Email

Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 03:46:40 AM

hi all,

just want to inform you all that how members & moderators of this forum have helped me in learnig Obj-C & getting XCode-4.

Prof.Steve has always been there to answer for any questions asked on the forum. This forum is like "Alladin's Wonderful Lamp". You ask anything, you get the answer.

As for downloading the XCode-4, one of the moderator "fujilla" (Mr.Nick) has done a great work for me when he got to know that my internet speed is so slow to download such a huge file. He has sent me a DVD from UK to India.

I have never found such friendly people on any other online forum before.

thanks everyone
Sachin Raut
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length